Is this a conference or a retreat? Both! AND it is a Sedona Retreat.
- Both. Yes, it’s a conference, with guides, learning and programs designed for professional and personal development, with topics to stimulate and challenge you. You’ll exchange ideas, converse intelligently, and network with experts, practitioners & novices.
- It’s also a retreat. It is a Sedona Retreat. Step away from life’s demands. Select programs for you. Breathe. Pace. De-focus. Laugh. Cry. Dream. Explore. Discover. Stretch. Reach within. Shift your thinking. Renew your spirit. Ignite your creativity. Twirl a little. Own your power. Be.
Listen to me. We’re here to make a dent in the universe. Otherwise why even be here?
Follow us on Facebook
and ask any questions to
the Journey Community!
How do I register?
- Go to this page to register.
- You can click below to pay the $111 deposit and reserve your spot NOW (the retreat will fill). Balance to be paid by April 1 or in 3 monthly payments. You will be contacted to arrange.
What is Creativity?
- From dealing with Change, to enabling Ideation & Breakthrough, to artistic endeavors, to the development and implementation of novel and useful ideas.
- At The Journey . Sedona Retreat, creativity includes: exploring your creative & cognitive thinking; creative problem solving tools & techniques; processes to ignite & express your innate creativity & creative style; creativity in the workplace, in schools & at home; and discovering & unleashing your creative spirit. Bottom line…if you desire ANY change in your life, it is your creativity that will get you there.
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.
What is Spirituality?
- From dealing with Change, to enabling Growth & Universal truths, to spiritual endeavors, to the development and implementation of your soul’s purpose
- At the Journey . Sedona Retreat, spirituality includes: exploring your spiritual & cognitive thinking; chakras, sound journeys, the elements of air, fire, water, and earth, energy & healing, processes to recognize & understand your soul, guide, soul mates & past lives; processes to ignite spirituality in the workplace, at home & in relationships; and discovering & unleashing your spiritual creativity.
- It is about creating a partnership between your physical self and your spirit self.
Some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity. ~Gilda Radner
Why the Journey?
- You believe that your life, your life’s work and relationships with others in our life… are all a Journey. The Journey is made easier, its route more joyful, its resulting outcomes richer, and the common good better served, when Creativity and Spirituality are included in supporting roles.
- You know the value of immersive experiences…the value of connecting with like-spirited people…the value of taking time out of your routine to create sacred space for your emotional and spiritual growth…the value of having FUN and following your joy.
- It is non-demoninational, completely supportive, heart-led, and practical. You leave rejuvenated and with new tools to inspire your daily living.
You are BOTH the ART & the ARTIST. ~Whitney Freya
What are the accommodations like at Angel Valley Retreat Center?
- The accommodations are very comfortable and geared towards shared rooms.
- The cabins each have their own lovely bathrooms, so two people per bathroom, that are located separately from the cabins.
- Rooms in the houses share bathrooms in the houses.
- We have found tremendous value in creating community in the shared accommodations and more rustic locations. You will be VERY comfortable.
- Read more about the location and accommodations HERE.
What are the meals like?
- Angel Valley serves a delectable and typical Sedona Retreat menu. Meals are vegetarian with options for chicken and seafood at an extra rate. Your menu preferences will be gathered after registration and during March / April. Angel Valley prides itself on its culinary creations.
Who should come? (Is this for me?)
- Career-minded professionals, from experts to novice.
- People, pursuing a fulfilling, happy and peaceful life.
- At a crossroads between careers? between lives? or between loves?
- Your friend told you to come? Just curious? Yes, you, too.
The only journey is the journey within. ~Rainer Maria Rilke
Will CEUs be made available?
- We are exploring this. Yes, it’s possible. Contact us directly.
What should I tell my boss? My spouse? My life-partner?
- The Journey is a professional and personal development conference, focused on two key principles, creativity and spirituality, that you can apply to your objectives. Both are being increasingly applied in business, associations, education, homes, teams, and in relationships to achieve heightened appreciation for self-worth, growth, happiness, and efficiency. The Journey will be held at a retreat venue that is designed to allow participants to tailor the program to their specific learning objectives. Participants will come away with greater appreciation and understanding of concepts and skills they can use both right away and on the Journey ahead.
- Bosses, you should come, too! Come to the retreat and learn more about our private Journey retreats that we’ll tailor to your organization. The private Journey would be ideal for management groups, teams and new-start projects, and any organization that wants to enable their workforce from the boardroom to the shop floor, to heightened awareness and accelerated performance. When you learn to connect with your team and your customer on a creative & spiritual level you will maximize your potential and achieve a new level of business success. Discover and accelerate your team’s creative and spiritual talent, within.
Journey from the self to the Self and find the mine of gold. Leave behind what is sour and bitter and move toward the sweet. ~Rumi
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the only one who’ll decide where you’ll go. ~Dr. Seuss
Does the Journey include a Youth program or childcare options?
- We will consider these in future Journey retreats, but we are not yet able to include youth
Where should I fly into?
- Fly into Phoenix and plan on renting a car to drive the short 2 hours to Angel Valley.
- We will promote ride-sharing on our Facebook Page closer to the Sedona Retreat.
What are the objectives of the retreat?
- The Journey brings together world-class speakers, workshop leaders, authors & practitioners together with those who seek to learn, explore, discover, think, dream and ultimately, to apply for the greater good along their own Journey ahead. The Journey presents three areas for each participant to explore (and ultimately apply, to your personal objectives):
- Journey… yours.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
We hope you join us on…The Journey.